Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chocolate Molten Cupcakes-SC #3


This recipe is from the section in the bake book commonly known as the Chocolate Box, my favorite place in the world.


I made this as I was watching Miss America because, let's face it, those girls do not enjoy baked goods.  Clearly I do, and so, as I watched them parade around in bikinis and high heels, I treated myself to these chocolate cupcakes with a warm molten center; it was much more gratifying.


Don't they just look delightful?







Trust me, they were.


A couple notes about the recipe:


  • Put more batter in the bottom before placing the chocolate to keep it from sinking and burning the bottom.
  • Dove works very well with the flavor of the cake.
  • They will be done in exactly 20 minutes ( at least with my oven) so watch them carefully

 










Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes
makes 6

4 Tbsp butter, softened, or soft margarine
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1 large egg
2/3 cup self-rising flour
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 oz semisweet chocolate ( I used a Dove chocolate instead )
confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Line a muffin pan with 6 liners.

Place butter, sugar, egg, flour, and cocoa in a large bowl and beat until just smooth.  DO NOT OVER BEAT.  Spoon half of the batter into the paper liners.  Using a spoon, make an indentation in the center of each cake.  Place a piece of chocolate in the center, and then spoon the remaining batter on top.

Bake for 20 minutes or until we risen.  Let the cupcakes stand in the pan for 2-3 minutes before serving warm, dusted with sifted confectioners' sugar.


Recipe courtsey of Parragon Books Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment