Saturday, September 15, 2012

The State House at Night


This is the Rhode Island State house,
at night.

Isn't it so pretty???

Here, here's a closer look.


Trust me, it's heavier than it looks.

Last weekend, my roommates and I were bored so we decided to go exploring.  One of my roomies is from Pawtucket, Rhode Island, which is about 15 minutes away from campus.  She goes to Providence all the time so she showed us around.  

We went to Thayer Street first which is the place to be on the weekends.  There are so many people everywhere on that 5 block street.  Theres everything you can think of; fro yo, chinese food, indie thrift stores, food trucks, and hookah bars.  (I've never heard of hookah bars before but a lot of college kids go to them all the time.  It's pretty much like smoking tobacco i guess...maybe...here's a reliable definition.)

My roommate that's from Pawtucket works in a food truck during the summer called Mijos.  We went there to get some yummy yummy tacos!! At first I was a little apprehensive because, well, it's food out of a truck!  But she ordered for me and I got two tacos pollo, which is tacos with chicken.  Let me tell you, these tacos were amazing!! They came on tortilla rounds that were probably 2 inches in radius and they were topped with fresh pico de gallo and fresh cilantro.  I was in heaven!! And then we got fro yo from FroWorld, and you can make your own dish which of course was delicious!! 

I can't wait to explore the cuisine here a little more.  You can't find food like this in St. Joe.  I wish I would've taken a picture of the truck, but I'll probably go back soon.  Maybe even this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment