Friday, February 10, 2012

Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cupcakes-SC #10


I had just gotten home from the basketball game, and I was in the mood for something just a little bit chocolate-y.  But the only thing I could find, was chocolate chips!  I flipped through the Scrumptious Cupcakes book and found this recipe.  This is great if you just want a little chocolate, not like triple chocolate cookies or anything.  I added an additional 1/4 cup of chocolate chips because the 1/2 cup looked lonely.  I did find that this recipe's batter isn't quite thick enough because most of the chip sunk towards the bottom.  This might have been my fault because I added more, but the flavor is still great.  Also, I made it truly jumbo by baking it in a 6-hole cupcake tin that has giant holes, perfect for these cupcakes.  Just make sure you watch the time as it will be a little longer than the regular size.


Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
makes 8

7 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line your muffin tin size of choice.  

Place butter, sugar, eggs, and flour in a large bowl and beat together until just smooth.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Spoon the batter into the paper liners.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!


Recipe courtesy of Parragon Books Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment