Sunday, September 13, 2015

Wedding Planning and Football Sunday

So I'm getting married!! I can't believe that I get to marry my best friend in the whole entire world! He's just the best.  And we've been starting the planning process which is kind of difficult once school started a couple weeks ago.  But this morning we had time to meet up with his parents and look at a couple venue options.  And the excitement continued!

Today is also the first Sunday night football night of the season too.  And since the Lions were playing today, we had to have some great grub.  Since we were gone all morning, I put a pork shoulder in the crockpot.  It was really simple but it tasted so good! I added a can of beef broth, about a cup of apple cider, some good barbecue sauce, and a cup of water.  It simmered for about 5 hours and them I removed about 4 hours of liquid and reduced it on the stove.  I added some more barbecue sauce and reduced it back down to the thickness of regular sauce.  I also made pasta salad and some brownies with peanut butter frosting.  Yum!

What a great sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment